As you all know apart from being a vintage retailer i also have a passion for styling, and this is something i have been thinking about for a while, i can't wait to see people's comments. Enjoy!
Dear Brides to be,
A woman's wedding day is the most important day in any woman's life, not just because she gets to marry the love of her life, but also because she gets to look like a princess and be the center of attention for a WHOLE day. This is where the wedding dress comes in, if its done wrong, everything else can go wrong, this is why the wedding dress is the most IMPORTANT thing a bride should be concerned with.
People would smile at you and tell you how beautiful you look, guess what is going on in their minds how awful does she look? In order not to be a victim of such people everything has to be right here are some steps to take while choosing the perfect wedding dress.
1. Go to a bridal store with your stylist and friends and try all the dresses you can find, the essence of this exercise is to find out what type of dress fits your body the most.
2. Choose a colour than compliments your skin tone, all brides DON'T have to wear white, you can can go for a softer choice like ivory.
3. Choose a dress that would work with a wide range of hairstyles.
4. Choose a dress that would be so fabulous you would barely need to accessorize, over accessorizing can be a problem when brides are trying to make a plain dress look good.
5. I love hair pieces but, its not so necessary, not every dress needs a hair piece.
6. If your wearing an open dress choose a bolero (not sure of the spelling) that would fit your dress so well it would look like its part of the dress.
7. This step has nothing to do with the wedding dress but the bridesmaids dress, give your bridesmaids something to look forward to at your wedding by picking out a fabulous dress for them, in other words pick out a dress that would be so fabulous it would make people that are not on your train jealous *wink.
The bridesmaids dress is so important because it reflects the bride's personal style and it also shows your bridesmaids you care about them.
8. There is nothing wrong with wearing the same color of dress with your chief bridesmaid, i think its cute take a cue from Kate and Pippa.
9. Its ok to wear red lips on your wedding day, just make sure it compliments the dress and the hair.
10. Its ok to change to change into something more comfortable for your wedding party or reception, and it doesn't have to be white or ivory you can play with colours or even where black.
11. If you think you don't have the time to pay attention to all these details, or your not so into fashion but you want to look fab on your wedding day, hire a STYLIST.
This is where i come in i am extending my styling services to all the beautiful brides to be out there, if your having difficulties with picking out a dress for your wedding, i would help you make all the right choices you need to make concerning your dress and that of your bridesmaids. Don't rely on family and friends to help you make this decision they would all tell you the dress you have picked out is gorgeous, some of them would even cry in the process #lol. I on the other hand would tell you the truth, which would help you achieve the perfect look for your wedding day. Send me a mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and together we would make you the envy of all girls.
Here are some wedding dresses for different body types.
I love the victorian but sexy look this dress gives, this dress is for the woman who wants to show off her curves.
This is for all the Cinderella's out there, i think this dress is perfect for a tall and lean bride
This dress is a bit cinderellaish and would work a short/ average bride in terms of height
I think this dress is effortlessly sexy and would work for all body types
This gorgeous one arm dress is suitable for all body types especially for small brides
This dress is for the over the top bride and is suitable for a tall bride.